Thursday, May 9, 2013

Baseline

Due to my recent bad reaction to 6MP I wanted to make sure I had a good baseline to start from before treatment with NA and TTO.  I had blood work done this morning and both my doctor and myself were surprised to find that one of my levels, the platelet count, had not completely rebounded.  Normal platelet counts should be between 130-450 billion/L but mine is at 115.  While this is low it's certainly not critical and with hookworms sitting on the shelf I've decided to go ahead and begin inoculation tomorrow.

My CBC showed red blood count, hemoglobin, hematocrit, and white blood count are all in normal ranges.  Furthermore segmented neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, basophils, and absolute neutrophil are all in normal ranges.  Platelet count (115) differs from norm by roughly 15 billion/L.  Iron and B12 were also in normal range.

My weight is 84 kg (increased weight due to effects of prednisone) with height at 1.8 meters.

My current drug and supplement regime includes:
The Flinstones vitamin is chewable and contains iron (not all multivitamins do).  I will over the next weeks be tapering both the prednisone and entocort and in fact have already tapered the prednisone down from 40mg/day in mid-April.

No comments:

Post a Comment