Thursday, May 30, 2013

Week 3 Review

For 4-5 days early in the week I had really bad gas.  It didn't manifest in pain or bloating but the smell was truly toxic and prolific.  My wife wondered if it might be my GI microbiome re-aligning with the helminths.  That sounds a bit feng shui to me but I think the gas is likely helminth related because otherwise my diet hasn't changed.  These symptoms are listed in the hookworm timeline as an uncommon but observed side effect that may happen in week 3.  Fortunately the gas passed a few days ago.

I was also surprised that the spots that make up my rash have become raised and more pronounced this week.  The hookworm timeline suggests this may be a consequence of the hookworms becoming adults and attaching to the intestinal wall and the immune system is reacting in kind to both the worms and the debris left in the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment